Monday, August 29, 2011

Diet Challenge of the Week: DRINK LOTS OF COLD WATER

This week I will focus on my water intake in addition to portion control.  This is something that is difficult for me because I not only drink way less than I should but I also find water very boring.  I prefer soda and juice when thirsty.

As you often hear, drinking water is very good for you.  Experts have always recommended drinking atleast 8 cups of water a day to stay well hydrated. Additional benefits of water include: healthy skin, hair and nails, flushed toxins, reduced risk of heart attack, reduced risk of disease and infection, cushioned and lubed joints and muscles, more energy, staying regular, and regulated body temperature.

There are added benefits when you drink cold water. Cold water is not only more refreshing, it is also more easily absorbed into your bloodstream than warm or hot water. Because your body is constantly regulating your temperature, your body uses extra energy to bring cold drinking water up to 98.6 degrees. Your body will burn additional calories just to heat this cold water in your stomach.  How cool is that!

Lets make it a water on the rocks week!  Although we'll be running back and forth to the bathroom, we'll be bettering our bodies in so many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment