Monday, August 22, 2011

Diet challenge of the week: PORTION CONTROL

Portion control helps you to lose weight. When you carefully monitor your portion sizes, you decrease the amount of food that you eat. This makes it easier to burn off those calories through less activity.


This week I will focus on the amount of food I consume.  My biggest problem when it comes to food is overindulging.  Chinese food and pizza are some of the foods I should definetly stay away from because I rarely get that feeling of being full no matter how much I eat. 

I want to train myself to always eat in moderation which includes eating only when hungry and eating a decent amount.  The easiest way for me to accomplish this is by preparing my meals beforehand.  Today I brought some cereal for breakfast which I ate out of an 8 oz coffee cup with non-fat milk.  For lunch I had about 1 1/2 cups of yellow rice and beans and about 4 oz of baked chicken breast. I will most likely have a yogurt for snack and another chicken dish for dinner.  This is pretty much the meal template I'll follow this week.  Lets see if I can see some good results on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment