Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Weave Installed

Last week I noticed that I had a lot of breakage and that was extremely dissapointing.  I know that it is because I have been using a lot of heat since I am due for a relaxer.  Ive also been lazy when it came to moisturizing my hair. 

I decided to have my sister install a weave and keep it in for atleast 2 months.  By the way, check out her blog and youtube videos at http://www.hairdelacreme.com/.  She has great information on growing and maintaining healthy hair.

My sister braided my hair in sort of an orange peel design.

She left out my edges in case I want to wear ponytails. 
 She then sewed the braids down.
This is the hair that was installed. There was a sale at my beauty supply store.  I bought two packs, one is 14 inces for $59.99 and the other is 12 inches for $49.99.  Duvessa is premium quality Remi hair designed to last longer.  Its tangle free and easy to care for.
After installing the weave, I dyed my hair with a black rinse, blowdried and straightened.  Here is my final result.



I am really loving the straight look.  When I get bored I'll layer the front and curl it.  I'll be sure to post those pics.  Later guys!



6 comments:

  1. Your hair is really cute. I'm thinking of getting the same type of hair cause i love outre but I've never tried the duvessa. How would you rate the hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There Candace,

    Your hair looks great, and I too am a Duvessa hair wearer....I have one problem IDK if it was the mouse that I used to get my drop curls with the flexi rods or what, but my hair is now all tangled and it should not be. I bought the very same length and product and not understanding...is it something I did to the hair? So I washed it and flat ironed it to wear it in a wrap, which by the way was absolutely beautiful. It is going on 2 wks now and this hair tanlges really bad. So being that I experiment w/everything I am going to buy it again and try the olive oil moisturizer products to see if I can snap it back into shape, because the price I paid for this hair, it should still not tangle in this capacity. Also, I will sewn my hair in this trip so that I can wash it better. When I washed it the last time, tried not to get the scalp wet because of the gro-protect that I had on. But, I can say that it lasted muched longer and a lot better than the average store-bought hair and lays alot better too....it was like it totally framed my face and looked like it was mine. I was able to pull it up in a ponytail and DID NOT LEAVE ANY HAIR OF MINE OUT AT ALL!!

    ReplyDelete