Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hair update (So much happened since January!)

Where do I begin? Ok let me put it like this, I:

1. texlaxed - tried to relax my hair because I could not take it anymore.  My hair was too hard to manage and since I am so picky with hairstyles, my choices were limited with natural hair.  I tried to relax it but I did not leave it in long enough.  I ended up having texlaxed hair, meaning I softened my kinks but kept the texture. I liked it for a while but got tired of the big hair. 

2. hightlighted - As you can see in the pic above, I added some highlights.  The salon was careful about using bleech but ended up leaving the color in my hair so long I might as well used bleech.  I love the highlights! It adds so much pizzazz to my hair.

3. relaxed - As I said, I missed my straight hair.  All I kept picturing was going to the beach or pool and having such a hard time maintaining my hair.  I LOVE my relaxed hair and do not think I will ever go back to natural.  Its just my preference.  Here is a pic of my hair last month:


As far as my regi goes, I no longer have one.  Once I relaxed my hair, I have been washing, co-washing and moisturizing.  I tried a new shampoo and conditioner but I do not like the feel in my hair.  The condition smells very good...very almondy.  The shampoo smells like cologne...a bit strong.


Here are some length pics that were taken about two months ago:



I will treat and install a weave in my hair this weekend.  I'll do the length check before and after I clip my ends.  I'll post those pics along with the pics of the install and some info on the regi I will be using.

See you then! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment